The year 2018 has given some of the best kdramas to us. These dramas have got huge love from the audience, high ratings & new actors. It is one of the best years of kdramas.
If you are new to Korean dramas, here is a warning: you will get addicted. Yes! Kdramas are addicting & once you start to watch them, it becomes difficult to stop watching them.
The reasons for Kdrama addiction are – good storyline, heart-touching romance, different culture & a lot of comedy. They successfully create an emotional connection with the viewers.
Best Korean Dramas Of 2018
If you are looking to binge-watch some kdramas, 2018 has given us a lot of good dramas. Here are 18 of them you can watch to take a break from your daily life.
This list includes Korean dramas that have been watched by maximum viewers and have high ratings on IMDB & other drama sites. Most of them are available to watch on Netflix & Viki.
1. My Mister
The drama tells us the story of three middle-aged brothers, who are enduring the weight of their lives, and a strong, cold woman, who has been living a hard life of her own, as they come together in healing each other’s past scars.
- Lee Sun Kyun as Park Dong Hoon
- IU as Lee Ji Ahn
- Park Ho San as Park Sang Hoon
- Song Sae Byuk as Park Gi Hoon
2. Life On Mars
One day, while investigating a case, Tae Joo has an accident. When he wakes up, he finds himself in the winter of 1988. He is now a detective appointed to work at a police station in a small city. To get back to the present day, he tries to solve the case.
- Jung Kyung Ho as Han Tae Joo
- Park Sung Woong as Kang Dong Cheol
- Go Ah Sung as Yoon Na Yeong
- Oh Dae Hwan as Lee Yong Gi
No. Of Episodes – 16
Watch On – Free Streaming Sites
A temporary teacher at an elementary school realizes that one of her students is being abused at home by her family. She makes an impulsive decision to kidnap the child and attempts to become her mother.
- Lee Bo Young as Kang Soo Jin
- Heo Yeol as Kim Hye Na/Kim Yoon Bok
- Lee Hye Young as Kang Yeong Shin/Cha Yeong Shin
- Go Sung Hee as Shin Ja Young
The drama revolves around the incidents that occur in the police force and the joy, sorrow, and pain that police officers experience as they try to protect justice. They form the ‘Live’ team at the Hongil patrol division. Each officer has their own story.
- Lee Kwang Soo as Yeom Sang Soo
- Jung Yu Mi as Han Jung Oh
- Bae Sung Woo as Oh Yang Chon
- Bae Jong Ok as Ahn Jang Mi
No. Of Episodes – 18
Watch On – Netflix
5. Mr. Sunshine
A young boy born into a house servant’s family and travels to the United States during the 1871 Shinmiyangyo. He returns to his homeland later as a U.S. marine officer. He falls in love with an aristocrat’s daughter. At the same time, he discovers a plot by foreign forces to colonize Korea.
- Lee Byung Hun as Choi Yoo Jin / Eugene Choi
- Kim Tae Ri as Go Ae Shin
- Kim Min Jung as Kudo Hina / Lee Yang Hwa
- Yoo Yeon Seok as Gu Dong Mae / Ishida Sho
No. Of Episodes – 24
Watch On – Netflix
6. Children Of Nobody
Woo Kyung is a child counselor who works at a children’s center. Her life seems perfect. However, her perfect life doesn’t last long, when an accident changes her life. The only person she can rely on is Ji Heon, a detective who is strict toward criminals.
- Kim Sun Ah as Cha Woo Kyung
- Lee Yi Kyung as Kang Ji Heon
- Nam Gyu Ri as Jeon Soo Yeong
- N (Cha Hak Yeon) as Lee Eun Ho
No. Of Episodes – 32
Watch On – Viki
7. What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim
Lee Young Joon’s family runs a large company, and he works as the vice-president of the company. He is rich, handsome & intelligent, but he is arrogant. His secretary is Kim Mi So has worked for him for years and she is perfect for him, but decides to quit her job.
- Park Min Young as Kim Mi So
- Park Seo Joon as Lee Young Joon
- Lee Tae Hwan as Lee Sung Yeon
- Pyo Ye Jin as Kim Ji Ah
8. 100 Days My Prince
Crown prince Lee Yul falls off a cliff and nearly dies in an attempted assassination. He loses his memory and wanders for 100 days under a new name and personality. During this period, he meets Hong Shim, head of the first detective agency in Joseon.
- Do Kyung Soo as Lee Yul
- Nam Ji Hyun as Hong Shim
- Kim Seon Ho as Jung Jae Yoon
- Han So Hee as Kim So Hye
9. Sky Castle
The drama revolves around the lives of housewives residing in a luxurious residential area called SKY Castle. The wives are determined to make their husbands more successful and to raise their children to be top students.
- Yeom Jung Ah as Han Seo Jin
- Lee Tae Ran as Lee Soo Im
- Yoon Se Ah as Noh Seung Hye
- Oh Na Ra as Jin Jin Hee
10. Lawless Lawyer
Sang Pil, a former gangster turned lawyer, seeking to avenge his mother and Jae Yi, a lawyer of high integrity forms the Lawless Law Firm. Together they use the law to fight for justice against corrupt judge Cha Moon Sook and her associates.
11. The Guest
Yoon Hwa Pyung is a psychic born to a shaman family. Choi Yoon is a catholic priest known for exorcisms & Kang Kil Young is a detective. They meet each other and try to fight against crimes caused by mysterious powers.
- Kim Dong Wook as Yoon Hwa Pyung
- Kim Jae Wook as Choi Yoon/Matthew
- Jung Eun Chae as Kang Gil Young
12. Thirty But Seventeen
Seo Ri, a violin prodigy at 17 gets into an accident and falls into a coma waking up 13 years later. Mentally she is still only 17, while physically she is now 30. Woo Jin does not want to have a relationship due to trauma. They get involved & fall in love.
- Shin Hae Sun as Woo Seo Ri
- Yang Se Jong as Gong Woo Jin
- Ahn Hyo Seop as Yoo Chan
- Ye Ji Won as Jennifer
13. Welcome To Waikiki
Three men Dong Gu, Du Shik & Jun Ki along with Seo Jin runs a guesthouse to collect money for their film. Things go differently when a single mother enters the house with her baby. Later, Dong Gu’s ex-girlfriend also lives in the house.
- Kim Jung Hyun as Kang Dong Goo
- Lee Yi Kyung as Lee Joon Ki
- Son Seung Won as Bong Doo Shik
- Jung In Sun as Han Yoon Ah
- Go Won Hee as Kang Seo Jin
14. Come And Hug Me
When they were children, Na Moo and Nak Won were each other’s, first love. They are forced to break apart due to a tragedy. 12 years later Na Moo is a professional detective & Nak Won is a popular actress. They meet again & try to heal their wounds.
- Jang Ki Yong as Yoon Na Moo
- Jin Ki Joo as Gil Nak Won
- Heo Joon Ho as Yoon Hui Jae
- Yoon Jong Hoon as Gil Moo Won
15. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
A detective takes on a female university student murder case. He has a sister who meets a man who is not a good person, but she has sympathy for him. The detective tries to push him away from his sister as he suspects that the man is somehow involved in the murder case.
- Seo In Guk as Kim Moo Young
- Jung So Min as Yoo Jin Kang
- Park Sung Woong as Yoo Jin Gook
- Seo Eun Soo as Baek Seung Ah
16. My ID is Gangnam Beauty
Mi Rae, once bullied for her looks, decides to get plastic surgery to start fresh. When she begins university, people still tease her as Gangnam Beauty. She meets Kyung Suk, who sees people for what they are on the inside and not the outside. He becomes attracted to her.
- Im Soo Hyang as Kang Mi Rae
- Cha Eun Woo as Do Kyung Suk
- Jo Woo Ri as Hyun Soo Ah
- Kwak Dong Yeon as Yeon Woo Young
17. Partners For Justice
Baek Beom is a forensic doctor working for 10 years, he is excellent with his work, but does not open his mind to other people. Eun Sol is a rookie prosecutor with a bright personality and comes from a wealthy family. They both try to catch a serial killer.
- Jung Jae Young as Baek Beom
- Jung Yoo Mi as Eun Sol
- Lee Yi Kyung as Cha Soo Ho
18. Memories Of The Alhambra
After receiving an email about a game, Jin Woo, CEO of a company travels to Spain to meet the creator of the game. However, he has gone missing, and there, he meets his sister, who is the owner of the hostel he stays in. Both get involved in mysterious incidents.
- Hyun Bin as Yoo Jin Woo
- Park Shin Hye as Jung Hee Joo
- Park Hoon as Cha Hyun Suk
- Lee Seung Jun as Park Sun Ho
These were the best Kdramas of 2018 you can watch to relieve yourself from stress. You can pick any of them, whatever genre – thriller, romance, suspense, fantasy, all are included in this list.
Keep watching dramas!!