Are you looking to start your Korean drama blog to pour your heart out and share your opinions? If yes, then you’re at the right place. In this article, you will get to know the process to create a blog and get started with publishing blog posts.
Starting a blog is no rocket science. You just need to follow the below steps and you are good to go. Then, you can share your Kdrama top lists, reviews, and more with the world and make money to support yourself.
Steps To Start A Blog
The main steps that you need to follow are given below. We will see a detailed explanation later in this article.
- Think of a name for your blog.
- Buy domain name & web hosting.
- Install WordPress.
- Customize your theme and install plugins.
- Done! Now publish posts and monetize your blog to make money.
Now, there are two options. Either you can start a free blog on the WordPress.com website which has very less functionalities or buy hosting and install an open-source WordPress platform. It is recommended to go with the second one as it is fully customizable and professional.
Decide Your Blog’s Name
This is the most important thing that you need to think about. Just like this blog’s name is “Kdrama World”, you should pick up a good name for your blog too.
Make sure that your name follows the below points.
- It should be unique and catchy.
- It may or may not contain the keyword “kdrama”.
- It should not be lengthy.
- The domain name should be available.
So what’s the fourth point? What is a domain name? A domain name is the URL of your blog. Just like “kdramaworld.org” is the domain name of this blog.
Hence, you need to choose a name that is available for purchase. So, how to check if a domain name is available or not? This will be explained further.
Buy Domain Name & Web Hosting
Now, to host your blog, you need web hosting. There are a lot of providers on the internet that provide web hosting. But the easiest to manage is Bluehost. It becomes easy to set up your blog and manage it on Bluehost.
Normally, Bluehost’s basic plan costs $10.99/month which is not budget friendly for beginners. But you’re on the Kdrama World blog so you’ll be getting the same plan at just $2.95/month which will cost you only $35 for a year with a free domain name! For Indian users, its around ₹3300.
1. Click on this link or the below button to get started with your purchase.
2. Select the “Basic Plan” whose price is $2.95 (₹169 for Indian users).
3. Now you need to enter your domain name (in ‘create a new domain’ box) and it will tell you if it is available or not. You can choose any of the extensions in the drop-down menu but it is recommended to go with .com, .net, and .org as these are widely used and are easy to remember. Once you select the domain, click on the continue button.
4. Fill in all the details and unselect all the package extras. You can pay using a credit card or Paypal.
5. After successful payment, you will be directed to enter a password that will be used to access your Bluehost account.
6. Once you have created a password, move on to the next step.
7. You will see the “Start Building” button. Click on the button and proceed to the next step.
8. Enter a name for your blog and a tagline.
9. Select any theme as you can change it later. Or just skip this step (you can see the option at the bottom).
10. Done! Your WordPress blog is created and you can access the admin panel through your Bluehost account.
Congratulations! You have successfully started your own Kdrama blog at a very low cost. Now, there are more steps you need to follow to make your blog more beautiful, functional, and secure.
- One of the most important aspect of a blog is its interface and appearance. WordPress provides thousands of themes with customization options.
- To install a theme, navigate to “Appearance” > “Themes” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the “Add New” button to browse and select a theme from the WordPress theme repository.
Some of the best themes you can use –
- Once you’ve chosen a theme, click on the “Install” button and then click on the “Activate” button to make the theme active on your site.
- Customize the theme by going to “Appearance” > “Customize” in the left-hand menu.
- From there, you can modify various aspects of the theme, such as site title, logo, colors, fonts, header/footer settings, and more.
- Once you’re satisfied with the changes, click on the “Publish” button to save and apply the customizations to your website.
WordPress also offers various plugins that provide additional features to make your job easy. Some of the required plugins you need to install are listed below.
- Rank Math SEO
- To install plugins, go to “Plugins” > “Add New” in the left-hand menu.
- Search for a plugin by name or functionality in the search bar.
- Click on the “Install Now” button next to the plugin you want to install.
- Once the plugin is installed, click on the “Activate” button to activate the plugin.
Publishing Blog Posts
Now, it’s time to write your first blog and publish it. Follow the steps below.
- Go to “Posts” > “Add New” in the left-hand menu.
- Enter a title for your post in the “Add title” field. Write your post in the editor.
- You can use the formatting options to style your text, add images, videos, and other media, and apply other settings like categories, tags, featured image, etc.
- Preview your post to see how it will look on your website. Click on the “Publish” button to make your post live on your website.
These were the basic steps for starting your blog. It is obvious that you are not familiar with the dashboard of WordPress. But with time, you’ll get familiar with it by self learning.
You can always google up the things that you need to know or just watch a tutorial on YouTube. If you need any help, Bluehost support team is there to help you.
How To Earn Money?
Once you get enough users on your blog, you can start earning money that will help you maintain your blog and other needs. There are various methods through which you can make money out of your blog.
The most common method is showing ads on your blog. Users see the ads, click on them, and you earn money. The best platform to monetize your blog is Google Adsense. You just need to sign up and submit your website for approval. Once approved you can place ads on your blog and generate income.
This includes earning a commission by promoting other companies products. In simple words, the company pays you a small commission when someone buys their products from your affiliate link. Some of the best affiliate marketing platforms are Amazon, ShareASale, Impact, and CJ Affiliate.
If you have a lot of users who love to read your blog, you can accept donations from them. This will help you maintain the blog and keep on writing beautiful blog posts.
Now there are many more methods and you can search for them on the internet. But the above ones are beginner friendly and easy to get started with.
It was easy to set up a blog. But it is not easy to grow it. It requires writing articles that are optimized for search engines, sharing your posts on social media, promoting your blog wherever possible, and keeping your visitors engaged.
If you’ve any problem or want to ask something, mail us at [email protected].
So, this was the complete guide to starting your Kdrama blog. Remember that your blog will not have any users in the initial months and it takes time to grow it. Just be patient and keep publishing articles. All the best for the growth of your blog!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr & subscribe YouTube channel for more exciting content on Korean dramas & movies.
Keep Watching and Writing !!
1. What are the steps to start a Kdrama site?
You need to follow the steps below:
1. Choose domain name.
2. Buy web hosting.
3. Install WordPress.
4. Publish posts.
2. Which is the best web hosting for Kdrama blog?
The best web hosting for all your needs is Bluehost. It is affordable, beginner-friendly and offer great support.
3. How much money is required to start a Kdrama blog?
You can start a blog with just $35 and start making money. You will get domain name and web hosting for one year.